Yes another pumpkin recipe!!! I guess I got carried away with all the pumpkin puree I had so might as well make another pumpkin recipe! This recipe is very creamy and I tweaked it to make it not too sweet but still had that nice pumpkin spice to it. I used regular cream cheese for this but you can be healthy and choose fat free! Trust me it tastes better than it looks LOL I am not a food photographer at all but I will get better hopefully! This recipe is inspired by Paula Deen via Food Network & is for a 10-inch circle pan but I used a 9inch pan and made 6 mini cheesecakes as well. You can also do 24 mini cheesecakes. See pictures below.
- 1 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 stick melted unsalted butter (melt in microwave for 30 secs)
- You can use store brought graham cracker crusts from the store. I would recommend to give your crust an egg white wash by using a cooking brush and brush a light layer. Put it in oven a 375 degrees for 5 minutes to get that nice golden crust.
Directions (if you’re making it from scratch):
- Add all the ingredients together and stir until even.
- Spray your pan with nonstick baking spray.
- Pour into pan and press down flat. I like to have the crust flat in the middle and raised up slightly higher on the perimeter (edge)
- Take the oven temperature down to 350 degrees. Put crust in for 5 minutes so that the crust can set before mixing it with the cheesecake batter.
- 24oz cream cheese (leave out at room temp or microwave at 5 secs interval until soft)
- 1.5 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup white sugar (I have brown sugar pictured but the consistency of white sugar is better than brown sugar for the cheesecake batter)
- 3 eggs & one egg yolk
- 1/4 cup sour cream (or whipped cream is fine)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon flour (I used whole wheat)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 drop of orange food color (optional just for a brighter orange color)
- Oven should already be preheated to 350 degrees.
- With an electric mixer, whisk the cream cheese with a moderate speed until smooth, about 3-4 minutes. I used the setting 2 on the Kitchenaid.
- Add the pumpkin puree, sour cream, sugar, ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg, pumpkin spice, and ground cloves to mixture.
- Slowly egg in one egg at a time and continue to mix. Add in egg yolk and vanilla.
- Add the baking powder and flour and whisk until it is even. Make sure you use a rubber spatula to manually mix every 30 secs to make sure you get all the batter that is on the side of the bowl and on the whisk.
- Pour in your pan or crust or mini crusts.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Let it sit for 20 mins at room temperature.
- Cover it with plastic wrap and let chill in the freezer for 4-5 hours. The longer you let it chill, the better the cheesecake will be texture wise!
- Serve with whipped cream or your favorite ice cream and don’t forget to share 🙂