Hi everyone! Me and my sister decided to make mini apple pies for Thanksgiving this year because they’re just cuter than a big apple pie and to make room for other food and dessert of course. Hope everyone has a nice Thanksgiving weekend full of family, friends, love, and of course food 🙂
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
- 3 rolls of store brought pie crust (my box comes with 2 rolls each so I needed 2 boxes)
- 3 granny smith apples (I used granny smith because it’s my favorite and has a nice crisp tangy taste to it)
- 1 tablespoon whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 ground cloves
- 2 tablespoon apple pie spice
- 5 tablespoon light brown sugar (4 tablespoon for the filling and 1 for the topping)
- 1 cup granola
- 1/4 cup honey
- Leave pie crust out to let sit in room temperature.
- Preheat over to 425 degrees F.
- Lay out parchment paper on countertop and sprinkle some flour on surface.
- Take one pie crust and roll out on surface. Use a 3 inch circle cookie cutter and cut out circles. You will need to repeat this until you have 24 circles.
- You will need two 12 cupcake pans or one 24 cupcake pan. Flatten out the edge of each circle with your fingers gently and put in each space. I find it easier to put the edge of the circles around each cupcake pin and to stretch it around the rim first and then slowly press it down to the base.
- To make the filling: dice up your apples in small cubes (about half inch in diameter). Mix in flour, sugar, and spices. For the spices, you can use any ratio you want like if you want a more cinnamon taste then add more. If you like it sweeter then add more sugar. Using a tablespoon, fill each cup up with about 1.5 tablespoon.
- To make the topping: mix in 1 cup of granola, 1/4 cup honey, and 1 tablespoon light sugar. Adjust as needed for sweetness and flavor. Sprinkle on top of each.
- Top of pies: You can cut out more circles to put on top or into strips to make a lattice pattern. My sister and I gave up LOL and just cut out flowers to put on top. You can do whatever you like.
- Bake in oven for 20 mins.
- Let cool or serve with vanilla bean ice cream 🙂