Omg Valentine’s Day is right around the corner and shaking my head I been soooo busy I totally forgot about my second favorite holiday (my birthday is second of course). I always loved Valentine’s day because it’s just so romantic and it involves my favorite color of pink. I know people say it’s dependent on if you have a significant other or not but even long ago when I was single, I still celebrated it because I just love love and being cute lol. I remember being in college and spending it with my sorority baking and having fondue night together. One of the best vday celebration ever <3
This will be my boyfriend and I’s third celebration together and the first year we went out in Philly, last year we drove to New York and had dinner, and this year we’re just going to stay home lol. My boyfriend loves it when I cook for him and I have class until very late that day so we’re gonna rest up at home.. well he is while I cook for him. I’m thinking stuffed mushrooms, roasted veggies, roasted potatoes, and steak. I been watching a lot of Gordon Ramsay videos lol so hopefully I’ll have it perfected by then.
Anyways, even though I am not a morning person I love breakfast foods! If I don’t eat first thing in the morning, then please stay away from me because I’m cranky AF. So this post, I decided to make a very quick and easy breakfast in bed recipe for Valentine’s day. I always do dessert so time to switch it up hehe. Red velvet cupcakes are one of my fave flavor cupcakes to eat so why not have it for breakfast. If you prefer something healthier, I have the very very fool proof avo toast! All you need is a couple heart cookie cutters from your local craft store to make it festive AF. I got the breakfast tray on Amazon, the mason jar + heart shaped plate + vase at the dollar store, and the faux roses from Michael’s.
Red Velvet Pancakes
- 2 cups flour
- 3 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 baking soda
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1.5 cup buttermilk
- Red food coloring
- Your fave fruit for toppings
1. Swift dry ingredients together in one bowl while mixing wet ingredients in a separate bowl.
2. Add the two together and mix on medium speed until smooth consistency.
3. Add in couple drops of red food coloring to get the nice deep red color.
4. Heat a small pan on medium heat and spray with nonstick cooking spray. You can use a heart shape cookie cutter to make heart shaped pancakes but it didn’t work out for me lmao so I just made circles and put it on a heart shaped plate. Scoop 1/2 cup of batter on pour onto pan. When it starts to bubble, flip with a spatula and cook for about 3 mins or until done.
5. Cut up fruits and shape with heart cookie cutters for decorations! I used strawberries + bananas.
1. Grab ingredients: two slices of bread, one egg, one 3inch heart cookie cutter, and arugula.
2. Spray the pan and put the heart shape cookie cutter in the pan. Crack an egg into it. Cook on medium heart and remove once sides are cook or as desired. To make it neat, trim the ends and voila!
3. Mash one ripe avocado into a bowl. Squeeze one lemon and add salt/pepper. Mix until even.
4. Toast the bread and then spread the avo on each slice.
5. Add some arugula & then carefully place the egg on top.
Potatoes for breakfast/brunch is a must to be esp when it is SO easy to make lol. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. All you need are 3-4 potatoes to cut up into squares. I was lazy and bought a bag of steam-in-the-bag potatoes so I just microwaves it for half the time and then laid it out on a pan. Add salt, pepper, rosemary, and brush on some olive out. Bake in oven for 25-30 mins depending on how crispy you want it.
Brunch is not complete without some sparkling mimosas. Just add 1/2 champagne and 1/2 orange juice… or 3/4 champagne and 1/4 orange juice.. whatever makes you happy 🙂