Hi everyone! Influenster sent me this eye cream by Ole Henriksen about 3 weeks ago for me to test out complimentary in exchange for my honest review. I been using it ever since and this is what I think of it. Influenster is an app that allows you to read and write reviews on makeup and skincare products. If their new box fits your profile, they will send you a box as long as you agree to review it. I been using Influenster for half a year now and this is like my 5th box! Just download the app and go from there.
1. It has Vitamin C and Vitamin C is sucha great vitamin to have!! I myself take vitamin C supplements. We take it to boost our immune system so why not use it to brighten our eyes? Vitamin C is supposed to help with signs of aging and brightens up the eye area. Any skincare that has vitamins is definitely something to look into.I found that it did brighten my eyes. If you look on the picture below, left (right eye) had eye cream on it and you can see that it is brighter while on the right with my left eye, you can see that it is definitely darker.
2. I absolutely love the orange smell. It is nice and refreshing and not too overbearing.
3. The texture is not too thick and not too thin. It quickly absorbs in the skin and moisturizes the eye area. It makes a nice base to put the rest of my eye makeup on and blends in pretty well.
1. Even though it brightened my eyes, it only did so when I used it. I did not see a difference in my dark circles at all. I don’t know if this is because I only used it for 3 weeks or if I don’t sleep that much due to nursing school.
2. Even though I receive this complimentary, the regular retail price is $38. I think for an eye cream that only brightens and not fix the dark circles is pretty pricey for me. I rather invest more money into something that will actually fix the problem instead of temporary fixing it.
You can find it on their website or at Sephora. Maybe it’ll work for you, maybe it won’t.. I’m not in any way a health or skincare expert.. I am a product junkie who likes to try new makeup and skincare products. This is my experience with it so hope it helped! If you know any products that help with dark circles, please let me know! I been using a lot of different products but nothing seems to work. I gotta keep researching and I’ll update you guys if I find any 🙂